- Integration guide for TV Tracking with Adobe Analytics (Step 1-7)
- Attribution of website visits for a TV ad
- More information: How TV campaign tracking works, TV campaign tracking – why and how?
The TV viewers’ behavior has massively changed from paying attention to one screen only to at least two screens at the same time: Through this Second Screen usage, TV advertisers can easily track the online-impact of their TV ads in real-time. We already covered how TV Tracking works and why it is important.
The wywy TV Analytics plugin allows you to enhance the tracking data from your website with your TV ad airing data. You will be able to distinguish between your regular website traffic and website visitors who interacted with it while the TV ad was running, or shortly after.
The plugin works through a data connector in your Adobe Analytics reporting suite.
Integration guide for TV Tracking with Adobe Analytics
What you need for setting up TV Tracking for your TV ads:
- Access to the Adobe Marketing Cloud report and privileges to make changes (add a new data connector)
- An existing eVar (Custom Variable), that is available/created prior to staring the integration wizard
- A wywy customer ID, that will tie the TV ads, you want to monitor to your Adobe Analytics Account
New customers should reach out to our team who will be happy to support you.
Guide to include the Integrate Module:
- Unzip the AppMeasurement.zip file, which can be found in “Admin Tools > CodeManager”.
- Open the file named “AppMeasurement_Module_Integrate.js”.
- Copy and paste the contents of this file into your primary AppMeasurement.js file right before the “do not make any changes below this line” comment.
Legacy Code (H-Code) implementation
- In the wywy Data Connector make sure you are in the “Support” tab.
- In the “Resources” section find and download the “Integrate Module – legacy H code” file.
- Copy and paste that code in your s_code file right before the “do not make any changes below this line” comment.
Attribution of website visits for a TV ad
Once the integration code is deployed on your website, the Adobe Analytics’ data connector wizard will create a sample report showing basic TV-related metrics. The wizard will also create two segments, which you can apply to any report in your analytics suite: “TV visits” and “non-TV visits”.
Your contact for the US & Canada: (other countries)
Tel.: +1 646 7413141
Fax +1 646 5132733
How TV campaign tracking works
TV Analytics study: Experteer identifies best performing TV airing slots
The product: TV Analytics Plugin
TVSync®: How to tell a connected brand story across screens